Phaistos Networks is a leading R&D company, founded in 1997, on a mission to build powerful, elegant, data-driven products and services for people and businesses. We are passionate about technology and data, and we work hard to provide a human touch along with excellent service to our customers.
As we are accelerating our momentum as a leading Advertising Technology company, we are seeking a Backend Software Engineer to join our team in Heraklion, Crete and contribute to the company’s growth and expansion.
About the Job
As the Backend Software Engineer of Phaistos Networks, you will be responsible for the research and development of our new services. You need to be an enthusiastic engineer with an innate thirst for knowledge and a “get things done” attitude. If you aspire to be part of a digitally driven and innovation-led environment and you draw energy from the team, we would like to meet you.
- Architecting, Building, and Testing new technologies and services
- Work with R&D teams to design, develop and deliver quality, production-ready code
- Contribute to the complete software development life cycle
- Develop multiple unique advertising products
- Collaborate with the frontend team to develop more functional code to enhance the user experience.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Collaborate with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Solid hands-on programming experience in one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Python, Java, Go, Rust
- Strong knowledge of version control with Git and git-based workflows
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL
- Familiarity with Docker
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new emerging technologies and methodologies
- Great communication skills. Should be able to respond to feature requests, bugs reports, and ad-hoc questions
- Solid experience with APIs (REST, GraphQL, RPC, etc)
Would be considered a plus
- Worked in the digital advertising ecosystem
- Having experience in advertising systems
- Experience with GraphQL
- Familiar with microservices
- Experience with container management tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with GoLang
- Communication skills