Phaistos Networks is a leading R&D company, founded in 1997, on a mission to build powerful, elegant, data-driven products and services for people and businesses. We are passionate about technology and data, and we work hard to provide a human touch along with excellent service to our customers.
As we are accelerating our momentum as a leading Digital Marketing and Advertising Services company, we are seeking a System Administrator to join our team, located in Heraklion Crete and contribute to the company’s growth and expansion.
Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic system administrator with an innate thirst for knowledge and a “get things done” attitude. If you aspire to be part of a digitally-driven and innovation-led environment and you draw energy from the team, we would like to meet you.
About the job located @ Heraklion, Crete
Under the role of System Administrator, our new colleague will:
- Maintain, upgrade and update our servers, software and use new features.
- Automate common processes.
- Evaluate and deploy new software to improve our fleet of servers and services.
- Provide ChatOps integrations.
- Improve our CI for faster and more robust builds.
- Report problems and interact with our R&D team.
- Improve observability and monitoring across the board.
- Provide redundancy, load balancing, failover and other H/A techniques to improve resilience to failures.
- Perform consistent Backups.
- Support staff computer needs.
You need to be:
- Be familiar with Ubuntu Linux.
- Know bash and php scripting to some extent.
- Know Docker and microservices.
- Have proven expertise with web and DB servers, such as Apache, Nginx.
- Βe security conscious and consider user privacy to be paramount.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both greek and English
Will be considered a plus:
- Comfortable programming in at least one language.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Familiar with the GDPR.
- Formal qualification in a computer, mathematics or related field.
- Work experience in a highly available production environment.
- Experience in:
- Haproxy load balancer
- Nomad workload orchestrator
- Consul service discovery system
- Jenkins automation server
- BIND / named domain name system software
- Bacula backup system
- Memcached memory caching
- Postfix mail transfer agent
- firewall configuration with Iptables
- Exciting & friendly work environment
- Career & competencies development
- Continuous training
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive salary package